To set up an email account on your Android device, perform the following steps:
(these instructions are based on Android 4.0. Your version may differ)
- Locate and tap the Applications button.
- Tap Email.
- Enter your email address and password, and then tap Manual setup.
- Tap the desired account type
we recommend IMAP
- Set up the following options:
- In the Username text box, enter your email address.
- In the Password text box, enter the password for the email account.
- In the IMAP server text box, enter "mail." followed by your domain.
- In the Security type text box, select None. This setting automatically sets the correct port.
- Tap Next.
- Configure the SMTP server, Port, Security type, Username, and Password settings.
- In the SMTP server text box, enter the "mail." followed by your domain.
- In the Security type text box, select None. This will change the port (please ensure the port is set to 587).
- Select the Required sign-in checkbox.
- In the Username text box, use your email address.
- In the Password text box, use the password for your email account.
- Tap Next.
- Select the checkboxes that correspond to your desired email preferences and tap Next.
- Enter the desired account name and display name. Tap Next to complete the Account setup process.